• Economical – Atlanta Sovent HDPE pipe weighs considerably less than pipes made from conventional materials. Typically, it is only ¼ to 1/10 the weigh of cast iron, steel or concrete pipe used for same service. This affords significant savings in transportation and installation by reducing manpower and equipment need to a minimum.
• Zero Maintenance – Atlanta Sovent HDPE piping has replaced steel, stainless steel, cast iron and concrete piping where chemical or corrosion resistance is required. It is resistant to attack by acids, bases, salt and many hydrocarbon materials. In additional, even the most aggressive soil will not corrode the pipe.
• Mixed Soil and Vent – Atlanta Sovent HDPE is fully integrated in to a single drainage system. It is flexible and operationally reliable drainage system, even in soils in which a certain degree of settling of ground must be anticipated. The versatility of the system makes it suitable for soil and waste stacks, vent pipe, connection and branch pipes, collectors pipes, ground pipes, and domestic drainage pipes.
• Quick Drain - Atlanta solvent HDPE has smooth inside pipe surface allows for a high Hazen-Williams “C” factor. “C” remains constant throughout the lifetime of the system due to an innate high resistance to scale and biological build up. Polyethylene (PE) is also biologically inert. Excellent water hammer characteristics to with stand surges: The inherent properties of polyethylene allow the system to significantly lower the effect of surges compared to PVC and ductile iron systems.
• Lower Noise – Noise from DWV pipe in wall cavities adjacent to living rooms, dining rooms and bedrooms can be annoying when wastewater is discharged into the drainpipe from upper floors. In the past, the only sensible option to reduce sound was to use cast iron in place of PVC plastic pipe.