• Biofilm Formation Resitance – Biofilm is aglue-like substance that forms when cateria adhere to surfaces in aqueous environments. Multiple international studies have confirmed the superior antimicrobial performance of CPVC over other piping materials, especially polypropylene (PPR).
Biofilm Formation Potential (BFP): Potential growth of bacteria on a material surface that is in contact with water (e.g., pipes, flushing containers, storage containers).
• Turbidity Resistance – Study conducted by Prof. F. L. Hart of the Worcester Polytechnic Institute for the US Fire Administration, Federal Emergency Management Agency – 1996.
• Bacteria Resistance – During a biofilm formation potential study of pipe materials, the growth of Legionella bacteria in the water was low when using Flowguard™ Pipes and Fittings.
Internal installations for H.R. Veenendaal I D. van de Kooiy – KIWA, the Netherlands, 1999.
• Chlorine Resistance – Flowguard™ Plus Pipes and Fittings has been tested for chlorine resistance according to NSF P171 Protocol. After 23 Years of use, there was no erosion of the pipe wall and no decrease in long-term hydrostatic performance.
• Corrosion Resistance – Unlike other materials, like metals, Flowguard™ Plus will not corrode and deteriorate due to oxidation.
• Fire Retardant – Flowguard™ Plus Pipes and Fittings inherently exhibit outstanding fire performance characteristics in terms of limited flame propagation and low smoke generation. Flowguard™ Plus Pipes and Fitting have been evaluated by Underwriters Laboratories Institute (ULI), South Research Institute (SWRI) and Factory Mutual (FM). Flowguard™ Plus Pipes and Fittings have also been tested according to the EU fire classifications and obtained the best possible results for a synthetic material.
• Flash Ignition – Flowguard™ Plus has a flash ignition temperature of 482ºC, the highest of any piping product.
• Fire Safety – Flowguard™ Plus Pipes and Fittings have a Limiting Oxygen Index (LOI) of 60. Thus, Flowguard™ Plus Pipe and Fittings do not support combustion and won’t spread flames or generate smoke like other plastics. It also does not increase the fire load of a property.
• Thermal Conductivity – Flowguard™ Plus plumbing systems have low thermal conductivity, helping hot water run more efficiently.
• Tenacity – Flowguard™ Plus Pipes and Fittings has high tensile strength compared to other thermoplastic materials.
• Weather Resistance – In-use applications, including many long-standing outdoor installations, demonstrate that Flowguard™ Plus Pipes and Fittings can withstand long-term exposure to environmental elements without significant adverse effects.